History of Lions Club 22-W

At a session of the Twenty-Fifth Annual Convention of District 22, Lions International, on May 30, 1947, the Constitution and By-Laws Committee presented their report which included sections regarding the division of districts and definition of boundaries and boundary lines which are to be set by State Council; all were approved by action of the convention. The definition of Districts was adopted by the Council of District Governors on June 22, 1947, and confirmed by Lions International Board of Directors July 30, 1947. 

The boundary lines set by the State Council for District 22-W included Garrett, Allegany, Washington, Frederick, and Carroll Counties in Maryland.

The chartered clubs within the designated boundary lines of District 22-W were as follows:
1.   Frederick    June 7,  1922
2.   Hagerstown - May 23, 1923
3.   Emmitsburg - October 31, 1929
4.   Thurmont - November 25, 1929
5.   Middletown - March 11, 1930
6.   Boonesboro - May 19, 1931
7.   Cumberland - October 8, 1931
8.   Lonaconing - November 9. 1931
9.   Mount Airy - November 26, 1940
10. Westminister - December 5, 1040
11. Oakland-Mt. Lake Park, December 16, 1040
12. Mount Savage - February 8, 1944
13. Union Bridge - January 12, 1945
14. Williamsport - May 10, 1945
15. Glade Valley - May 15, 1945
16. Smithsburg - May 23, 1945
17. Westernport-Luke - June 7, 1945
18. Brunswick - September 18, 1945
19. Frostburg - October 10, 1945
20. Lineboro-Manchester - October 11, 1945
21. Myersville - September 12, 1946